Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

115 H.O. Ranger RT188 prop recommendation

I’m running a 24 pitch raker 2 and at my best, I’m getting 40-41mph (usually 39).   The rear of the boat seems to be lifting severely and I must trim down significantly to make even a slight turn without a blow out.  I can only go full throttle at just over 1/2 trim, getting right around 5300-5400 rpms.  Anything more and you can hear the blow out with no speed gain.   I do have a 4” jack plate on it as well.  I started with a 21 pitch viper which spun out at 1/2 trim and over revved after hitting 38 or so.  The 24 is better, but I feel like I should be able to run at 5800 without the spin out.  Both got excellent hole shot by the way.

The dealer (1.5 hours away) wants to go back to a 21 and take off the 4” jack plate.  The plate actually helps keep the lines on the rear deck, so I’m thinking of going with a 22 pitch raker 2.

Any help or recommendations would be great!

Rob

Admiral

Re: 115 H.O. Ranger RT188 prop recommendation

The 22" sounds like a good one to try. Let us know the results and you may have to play with motor heights to fine tune everything.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Re: 115 H.O. Ranger RT188 prop recommendation

21 rogue 46-47 mph 5700-5800 rpms. The new 2.36:1 gear case likes to run slightly lower.
Whats your water pressure?
I have a Tritonx18, same boat different badge. 3" jack plate all the way down with motor on 3rd hole. Its a lot lower than my old 90 etec was.