Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

115 runs great except when warm at idle

Both my son and I have 115 etec's of about the same vintage and experience rough idle and needing to restart when warm Mine E-115DPXAF   Sieral #05423059  about 110 hours  my sons just has a few hours (both were old stock purchaes) 

the die off happens when I have the motor slightly raised up as I am preparing to load the boat on the trailer or I am waiting for the truck / trailer to arrive 

we both run fresh non E gas and XD 100 not sure if my sons is past the break in period or not 

Love my etec though made in USA, great fuel ecomony, 2 stroke low maintenance and great supportive forum 

Phil 

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: 115 runs great except when warm at idle

[ Edited ]

There are two service bulletins that your dealer may want to reference if either is applicable to your motors.  2017-05(S) and 2018-03(S)

In addition, some 60°engine blocks had fuel pump pulse line fittings incorrectly pressed into the crankcases and which would loosen and leak air when the block was warm.  There is a bulletin or TST that your dealer can access to explain the problem and how to reseal the fittings.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.