Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper

115hp Etec 2007 - trim and tilt not holding position

Hey guys, I have realised that over a period of 2 weeks my 2007 115 etec - model no E115DSLSUC does not hold its position. I store my boat with the engine trimmed down all the way, but not against the concrete floor, so it slowely goes down untill it rests on the floor over a period of a few weeks. I saw there is a small amount of oil by the seal of the arm that push the motor up. I had a look on the parts site so see if i can locate a part number for a new seal kit, but it does not show the breakdown of that assembly. Very strange ... can anyone perhaps help with a part number that had the same issue? The picture below is not my unit but a pic of a similar unit just to indicate where it was leaking a small amount of oil and the seals I would like to replace ...pic

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: 115hp Etec 2007 - trim and tilt not holding position

Be sure to use only the Evinrude biodegradable trim fluid in that system.

Trim seal kit - illustration - and part numbers -  single piston TNT.JPG

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

Thank you for the info BluewaterBill, so I can't use normal ATF in this system?

@BluewaterBill wrote:

Be sure to use only the Evinrude biodegradable trim fluid in that system.

Trim seal kit - illustration - and part numbers -  single piston TNT.JPG

Highlighted
Admiral

ATF is only for the 3-piston trim systems. Yours takes ONLY the biogdegradable oil.

http://shop.evinrude.com/product/0/763439/_/EvinrudeJohnson_Biodegradable_TNT_Fluid

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

Thank you Bill, I will buy some .... just for interest sake .. why does the single piston system have to use this specific fluid? - just to put my curiosty to bed.

Highlighted
Admiral

To be environmentally aware of the planet is  the most important reason.