Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper

15 horsepower johnson

I recently bought this Johnson 15 from a guy I know. He's had it for years never bought parts for it its been in his shed moved around. The tag on the transom mount came off. The only number I have is on the power head and on the silver disk on the head I cant figure out what year and model I've narrowed it down to 83-89 but im not sure.
Highlighted
Admiral

Re: 15 horsepower johnson

Why have you not posted the serial number from the silver disc?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

I apologize this thing is stressing me out 0397154
Highlighted
Admiral

Are you sure that is he number stamped on the silver disk? Were there any letters also?

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

I'll look for another disk but when I pull the cover off that itls the only silver thing that stands out. There aren't any letters at all
Highlighted
Skipper

And to answer that as well that is for sure the numbers its a very clean engine so luckily I can read it well
Highlighted
Skipper

Ok so after going over the whole thing I cannot find any other numbers other than that one and what is stamped into the side of the head but I figured that would just be a head part number
Highlighted
Admiral

Sorry but that is not a serial number but may just be a part number for a replacement cylinderblock under warranty. A serial number normally has 7 digits, part numbers back then had 6.

Post a picture of the motor cover decals and some of the powerhead and we may be able to narrow it down for you.

Highlighted
Skipper

Snapchat-1836203897.jpgSnapchat-2032391570.jpg

Highlighted
Skipper

20200915_215249.jpg