Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

150hp Ficht 2000 Looses rpms

MY2000 E150hpFicht.

Starts perfectly with the new marine battery. I have changed all fuel lines from tank to engine. Changed the fuel filters as well. When running above 4000rpms it runs with no issue. But between 2500-3500 it cuts and the rpms varies up and down.

I have two ideas:

-Power cable at engine side, change sockets?
-Inspect and clean the VST?

Or is there any other first thing to check?

Thanks a lot

Skipper

Re: 150hp Ficht 2000 Looses rpms

Seems to be a small tiny filter in the fuel line nipple. Could that one be stucked or so?

Admiral

[ Edited ]

@Poleposition wrote:

MY2000 E150hpFicht.

Starts perfectly with the new marine battery. I have changed all fuel lines from tank to engine. Changed the fuel filters as well. When running above 4000rpms it runs with no issue. But between 2500-3500 it cuts and the rpms varies up and down.

Or is there any other first thing to check?

Check compression

Fuel pressures, fuel vacuum. and look for air bubbles at all speeds. Check for correct plugs in like new shape . gapped  0.028, and indexed correctly. Use a clip-on timing lite to monitor each coil and plug

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Took the VST home. What about the nipple (blue). What I remember this is the return from injectors. Is there any valve or so? I cant blow it (or at least feels like it is an obsticle). Anyone knows?sss.JPG

Admiral

You can remove and replace the pressed-in filter screen. Have your dealer use the 2012 E-TEC parts book for the filter screen part number.

You cannot blow through the fitting as the pressure regulator check ball is preventing air from going through it 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Thanks Bluewater! I found some small black particles in the filter at the bottom of the HP pump. It felt like soft parts, maybe rubber? Can those small pieces make difference?  Now cleaned carefully.

Highlighted
Admiral

@Poleposition wrote:

Thanks Bluewater! I found some small black particles in the filter at the bottom of the HP pump. It felt like soft parts, maybe rubber? Can those small pieces make difference?  Now cleaned carefully.

Inspect all of your rubber hoses both on the motor and on the boat. Today's fuels and phase-separation causes internal disintegration of the hoses and that damage an engine.

Skipper

had the same issue whth my 115.  found a small piece of plastic wrap ahead of the tank before the checkball.  took it out had solved the problem