Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

1993 25hp evinrude will not low idle

Replaced spark plugs clean gas tank new fuel plus 50:1 oil.  motor cranks and warms up but dies  when It throttles down.   

I have the repair manual and I’m looking for suggestions how to proceed. Thank you,  Roseville California

Skipper

Re: 1993 25hp evinrude will not start

@pparksca wrote:

Replaced spark plugs clean gas tank new fuel plus 50:1 oil.  motor cranks and warms up but dies  when It throttles down.   

I have the repair manual and I’m looking for suggestions how to proceed. Thank you,  Roseville California

Motor will not start only thing I touched was the primer solenoid, the red lever.  was pointed out, I moved it in line with body, then 180 turn pointed above body, then moved it back. how totestfor spark and gas?  Rookie from RV

Skipper

whoops, gas. not connected to motor, so starts ok, but will not idle.
Captain

Dirty Idle jet? 

Admiral

[ Edited ]

@pparksca wrote:
whoops, gas. not connected to motor, so starts ok, but will not idle.

The engine will have to be checked over completely. . Start with a compression and ignition tests. Follow the procedures outlined in the factory service manual that can be obtained through www.outboardbooks.com 

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.