Re: 1999 Evinrude 150

[ Edited ]

22 - water temp switch activation
26 - battery voltage below specs
54 - open circuit #4 injector
35 - oil pressure switch malfunction
17 - PDS voltage below expected range
43 - Water Temp sensor above expected range

These codes do not mean much at the moment as you do not know when they occurred, how many times, and when was the last time. The engine requires the Evinrude Diagnostic software, interface cable, and a laptop to see a whole picture of the engine and error code history.

Find an experienced and trained FICHT technician who can troubleshoot and repair the engine for you. The other option is to purchase the factory service manual and study it until you are familiar with and understand the FICHT engine and its systems. Obtain the required special tools and software and teach yourself about the motor. Some DIY types enjoy that type of self-education and the satisfaction of learning a new skill and using the newfound knowledge to solve a problem.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

I am very DIY I am actually pretty good at fixing anything electronic, and mechanical. That is what I do for a living. I am forced to the DIY from what I have found out because no one even close to me will look at it. I am going to try and clear the codes once I can get another set of hands to help. I cannot find a original manual. I got the Clymers edition and it is good for basic stuff but sucks after that. The open circuit on #4 what can I do to test for the issue. Hopefully I can come across a manual soon. I search every couple of days to see if one has popped up.
Highlighted
Admiral

[ Edited ]

www.outboardbooks.com  for the factory manual

Trace the continuity from the ECU wire, to #4 injector, and back to ECU. Check all the connectors and  pins and test the resistance of the injector.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

I sent that site an email they do not show to have a manual for anything after 1996.

Does anyone know the resistance tolerances that I looking for?
Highlighted
Admiral

Try your dealer to see if he can order a manual for you.

Resistance on those older injectors are approximately 1.0 ohm, plus or minus about 0.2 ohms.  If one is bad, it will have no continuity through it or a very high resistance. If one is completely shorted, then the fuse blows.

Highlighted
Mate

@BluewaterBill wrote:

Find an experienced and trained FICHT technician who can troubleshoot and repair the engine for you. The other option is to purchase the factory service manual and study it until you are familiar with and understand the FICHT engine and its systems.

Honestly, I don't know which way is easier here with experienced and well-trained FICHT technician being so rare...

https://www.writemyessayfast.ca