Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper

200 H0 Etec trimm/ tilt not working

Hello together.

And sorry for by bad english.

I have an Etec 200 H0 year 2013 and the trimm/ tilt is nor working.

this morning It went down fine, but than not Up.

I can hear the click in the black small box It make click for Up and Down.

But nothing happens.

What can be the problem.

Please advice

Sincerly Arthur

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: 200 H0 Etec trimm/ tilt not working

[ Edited ]

We are assuming that you have a G1 E-TEC and not the G2. That is why the engine model number is important when asking about technical problems or specific parts.

If you hear clicking from the relay assembly when pressing the up and the down down buttons, then the relay could be faulty, a connection or wire from the relay to the trim motor could be bad, or the trim motor is manfunctioning.

If the down works but not the UP circuit, then either the relay or the trim limit switch is bad.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

Highlighted
Skipper

Yes it is the generation 1. I have seen on youtube to disconnect the two blue wires cable and make a bridge i have done this to elininate a switch but nothing happens. No up no down
Highlighted
Captain

Tap on the relay (black box) with a wrench while holding the UP trim button.
Highlighted
Skipper

I have done this right now and nothing happened.
Only the click but nothing else.
Some help more please.
Highlighted
Admiral

@spainman wrote:
I have done this right now and nothing happened.
Only the click but nothing else.
Some help more please.

If you hear clicking from the relay assembly when pressing the up and the down down buttons, then the relay could be faulty, a connection or wire from the relay to the trim motor could be bad, or the trim motor is manfunctioning.

If the down works but not the UP circuit, then either the relay or the trim limit switch is bad.

We cannot fix your motor here, what we do is to offer suggestions and try to point you in the right direction. It is best to enlist the services of a trained technician or  obtain a factory service manual, the needed tools, and learn how to do it yourself.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

Ok. It clicks down and up but nothing happens. So how can i check if it is the trimm motor?
Highlighted
Captain

There is a lead with two large gauge wires, one blue, one green beans hat come from the relay and plug into the harness on the engine. These lead directly to the trim motor. You can test for 12 volts across these wires on the relay side of the plug. You can also use jumper wires to apply battery voltage to the wires on the trim motor side of the harness. Blue positive and Green negative make the trim motor run Up. Reverse the leads to go down.
Highlighted
Skipper

I have just checked the relay disconnecting the Conectar. Voltage cames out pressing up and down.
Than connected together and the trimm works for 3 seconds and stopped again. Dead again. I have to check now the wires fron conector to trimm motor