Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Captain

2000 150 fitcht

Just found out from dfi that my emm is not repairable the start assist is out and they found something with the program they called it a corrupt file?so im ordering a new one at a price of 2000.00 bucks dealer did not say if it's remanned or new but that is way out of line for a 14 year old engine they keep priceing there parts out of sight people are going to give up on evinrudes.
Highlighted
Admiral

Re: 2000 150 fitcht

There are two companies that do repairs on FICHT  EMM's. Talk to your dealer about them

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

OK dropped the 150 off to 72;ih ! marine in Ga for my new emm called last wed they said part was in.went by today they say one more week maybe.the truth is they cannot just order a emm a form has to be sent right?with the emm?so how could they have ordered?it you people want us to go to your dealers who think there doing you a favor and most around here have dropped there dealerships I should be able to fill out the form with the engine report sent with it and get a emm this is crazy
Highlighted
Admiral

To keep an EPA paper trail since the motor emissions are regulated by the government, normally the dealer sends the old EMM to the factory for an exchange and the old engine history and information is transferred.to the new unit. In certain circumstances, it can be done electronically.

If you have questions about your dealer, you may call Evinrude After Sales with the engine serial number at 262-884-5993.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

Thanks picked the boat up from dealer.I found out that the engine runs fine once started ran it for eight hours straight did not turn it off to see if emm would act up.from idel to wot all ranges under load worked fine,so the only problem with the emm is the start assist so a small shot of fuel in the throttle plates starts the engine every time.so i.m putting a old modle choke soliniod and running the fuel off the lift pump with a push button switch at the helm,i will let you know how that works out ,i just might save 2 grand.

Highlighted
Admiral

Adding fuel from an external source such as a carbureted engine's primer system can cause your direct injected FICHT to rev up uncontollably and possibly blow up. If that happens and internal parts become external parts, people could be injured, or worse.

Please do not attempt that course of action.

Highlighted
Captain

i will only use it at cold start i have tested starting with a mix of oil and fuel first,It took less than a teaspoon to get the engine running and that was a small amount in all six,found out a small amount of brake klenn sprayed in just the two center cyl started the engine every time so Im going to spray just the two center cyl with the two lines comeing off the choke solinoid.and i can say that if where talking about things blowing up,you should have been there when the vapor separator blew the top off itself 2 times, when i found the problem in the lift pump ck valve the dealer was wondering how i found it?and the epa should have been there when it shot fuel 10 feet out in the water.You talk about scared.

Highlighted
Captain

Just ordered a used emm that matches the modle # on my 150 i know i need to load the old coeff.codes. I did the engine reports and for example the # 1 ser#00046001742055 coeff a 38 coeff b 297 coeff c 1289 and so on,with the 07 etech software can i up load these codes to the used emm.I thought i would connect to used one first and pull a report from that emm to get the ser#'s for all the injectors if i need them.or should i go old school and run the engine and watch the plugs and find the ritch and lean cyl and swap injectors around.after all how far off can these injectors flow from one to the other.or as the pro's call them brat's or lazy kid's.by the way i do have a spare block just in case.

Highlighted
Admiral

[ Edited ]

Sorry but what you are suggesting is against EPA regulations and because of that, we cannot condone your actions or provide assistance.

Highlighted
Captain

Thanks anyway