Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Re: 2000 Ficht 150 Tilt/Trim Problem

Thanks for the info. Just saved me a bunch. Tilt/trim would not work so after checking everything else followed these instructions and opened the PDP. Found out the one terminal going to the motor plug had no solder on it and had come loose. Soldered that tight and fixed two other spots with very little solder. Now everthing works great! Just work arround the edge of the cover with an exacto knife until you find a weak area then work the rest loose. The sticky stuff coating the inside is very messy so be carefull!

Thanks again.

Admiral

It's good to hear that you solved the problem.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

Glad to hear I helped out someone else...

Mate

I know that this post is a little old byt I just wanted to say "Thanks"!

I had run down the easier fixes to the hardest. I replaced the key switch, then I replaced the relays. And finally busted the PDP apart. It was a loose ground solder.

Thanks again!!

Another boater helped.

Joe

Mate

Thanks for posting this and though it's years later it's still a big help!  I fixed mine this morning, one bad solder joint right below the outgoing connector for the power tilt/trim, so the relay was clicking normally, just not sending current on one wire.  I watched a guy on Youtube, same outboard, same clicking relay, claim that the only solution was to install a new tilt motor because the clicking meant that the power side was OK.  He never showed his tilt/trim working afterwards, so maybe this was his problem too.  Either way, this is the first step. It is simple to see if you have any bad solder joints just using the camera on your phone to magnify, without sending it in or buying a new part.

Mate

Thanks for posting this and though it's years later it's still a big help!  I fixed mine this morning, one bad solder joint right below the outgoing connector for the power tilt/trim, so the relay was clicking normally, just not sending current on one wire.  I watched a guy on Youtube, same outboard, same clicking relay, claim that the only solution was to install a new tilt motor because the clicking meant that the power side was OK.  He never showed his tilt/trim working afterwards, so maybe this was his problem too.  Either way, this is the first step. It is simple to see if you have any bad solder joints just using the camera on your phone to magnify, without sending it in or buying a new part.