Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

2001 Ficht 225 Fuel Pump Alternatives

I have a 2001 225 Ficht (Yes, I know). I think both the lift pump and VST pumps are bad. The engine will run as long as someone pumps the bulb. Fuel line isn't blocked from the tank. Pulse lines from crankcase are working. No fuel is sprayed from output of lift pump. Also, the VST pump make no sounds when powered on.

I've read various posts where people have talked about replacing the pumps with aftermarket or e-tec models, but can't find any specific pump models that will work. Has anyone actually done this?

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: 2001 Ficht 225 Fuel Pump Alternatives

This is an Evinrude site and cannot recommend or suggest any deviation from the factory recommended practices or procedures.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Mate

[ Edited ]

Thats cool and all but the OE VST isnt available anymore.

Highlighted
Skipper

Latest update main pump 5004429 Evinrude
See them on the web, ebay, new and used.
Also good place is all the outboard salvage operations for a used one.
Not safe to be modifying rigging pressure fuel pump on outboard, fire
Highlighted
Mate

Have the same issue. I'm not finding a replacement available. There is one avail able for 175hp 5004428. Does it have the same specs?

Highlighted
Admiral

@jspracklen wrote:

Have the same issue. I'm not finding a replacement available. There is one avail able for 175hp 5004428. Does it have the same specs?

What model number 175?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Mate

mine is a 2002 200 ficht 200fpxsnf   I have been unable to find fuel pump anywhere. Is there a work around?