Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

2004 E150 Starting Issue

[ Edited ]

I bought my first ponttoon boat yesterday. Not my first outboard but first electronic outboard. I took it home last night and got stranded. It started great. But when I treid to restart it, it went through the 3 light sequesnce and beeped then all 3 (not the low oil light) stay on and it will not start. Will not even turn over. I could really use some assistance on this one.

2004 E150FPL Evinrude

Dewey

Admiral

Re: 2004 E150 Starting Issue

The three lights remaining lit on your SystemCheck gauge means the EMM on your engine has an internal fault.  Though they are not associated with Evinrude or recommended by Evinrude, your dealer knows of companies that specialize in repairing the EMM - on board computer -  such as the one on your engine.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

That's what I thought and was afraid of.
Highlighted
Mate

Thought I had it licked. Replaced the ignition switch because when it was wiggled, sometimes it would start. Took it out and had to let it sit for an hour and it would start. It is not getting hot. There is water flowing through the EMM. Problem is there are no Mobil mechanics around here who work on ETecs here. It’s in a lift with no trailer. I just ordered the software to read the EMM. And the service manual. If I can work on airplanes, boats shouldn’t be harder. FYI, i grew up on boats on the Texas coast and didn’t expect this much trouble from fresh water. Checked all the connections. No corrosion. I could sure use a little guidance here guys. This is my wife’s boat and I’m in the dog house!