Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper

2006 90HP intermittent new water pump

I had some work done on my ETECH. While the guy was at it I had him change the impeller and the housing. He said when he put everyting back together the pump was not pumping. He never really said what happened he just told me it was ready to go.  Ive only been out 4 or 5 times since then. Yesterday I did a good long run across the bay at 3800 RPMs just to run it. I did some sightessing at a little above idle for about 5 minutes. All of a sudden I get an overheat light and horn. I jumped in the back and there was no water coming from the tube and the engine was steaming. I shut it off and let it cool a little while. When I cranked it back up I had a great water stream and no hot light . The motor was in self protect mode and wouldn't come off idle speed although I had plenty of cooling water. When I got to the dock I dropped back to Neutral and the engine would now throttle normall with normal performance. I have no idea what could cause the water stream to be intermittent. Any ideas wou;d be appreciated. I may try to fix it myself. I am tired of paying this guy and taking the boat back to him.

Highlighted
Skipper

Re: 2006 90HP intermittent new water pump

Can anybody point me to a forum that is a little more active? I see views but no responses. I should have gotten rid of this motor a long time ago. I have thousands of dollars in it and I am still scared to get too far from the ramp.

I'd like to buy something new with a fantastic engine warranty. All I am seeing is 3 years. That's not that great to me. 3 years passes fast.

Highlighted
Admiral

[ Edited ]

Evinrude is closed annually for the holidays.

You may want to visit etecownersgroup.com and also be advised that Evinrude currently has a 7 year factory coverage in effect until Jan. 31st on new motors plus up to  a $2000 rebate.

https://www.evinrude.com/en-US/promotion.html

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

Not a big fan of Etechs right now. I have dumped thousands of dollars in this one and I still can't get to far from the dock.