Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate
Accepted Solution

2007 e-tec 40 lifting up manually how to?

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone!

I own this outboard engine for 12 years but using it just for summer time about 30-40 days per year.

Now problems started. 

The engine shut down in the middle of a speedboat. 10A fuse burned.

I tried replacing a new fuse, turned on (not started machine yet), EMM has checked for oil, temp...etc successfuly  finished and everything looked fine at the moment. Still didn't start machine, but after 20 sec fuse burned again. 

Mechanic told me (on the phone) EMM failed, for sure.

Boat is still in the water.  When boat will be on the trailer I cant drive it because the engine is too close to the ground.

I need to lift it up, but can't do it. Fuse burn out every time.

I have to do it manually. I know how to do it but I'm not sure which screw should I release. Here is a photo so please, If somebody know it please help. Is it screw 1 or 2 or maybe 3. 

Thank you very much.

spustanje_dizanje_motora.jpg

Highlighted
Captain

Re: 2007 e-tec 40 lifting up manually how to?

The manual release valve is screw #1.
Locate the EMM on the side of the engine, squeeze the tabs on both sides of the upper two connectors and unplug them. The fuse should not blow now and the trim switch on the engine should work.
Highlighted
Mate

Woow, thanks!
I'll try to do it
Highlighted
Mate

Highlighted
Mate

Just back from the boat, tried unplug connectors, but it was not simple and easy so decided not to force it. I forgot glasses and give up. Then I replace fuse with new one, pressed a lift button and it worked! I was happy like a child!
So, it was my mistake, because earlier trials were with key inserted and contact was on. As result it was broken fuse, and nothing worked.
At the end, i want apologize on my english. I am not from engl.speaking area.
Many thanks to Rickmcd53 it was very kindly that he answered me in very short time.
Highlighted
Captain

I forgot to mention trying without the key on, glad you got it solved.
We help people from everywhere and I'm always impressed how well foreign language owners communicate in English. Seems like Americans are the only ones in the world that can't communicate in a second language.