Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

2011 25hp etec skipping low rpms

I have had This on going problem for about 2 years now. Half the time my motor will run fine the other half my motor is slow and skips wanting to big down with rpms no higher then 4000 when full throttle. I have had numerous things replaced and looked at water pump, fuel pump, spark plugs, impeller, gas lines, and thermostat. I run non ethanol gas and use the etec oil that I was told to use in it. I was wondering if anybody could help me find my problem. It seems nobody can fix it i have spent thousands of dollars. I am very disappointed in evinrude as a company for making a motor that seems that’s unfixable and just a money pit.
Highlighted
Captain

Re: 2011 25hp etec skipping low rpms

Please attach an engine report from the last service/repair. Also a list of exactly what parts have been changed in the past.

Has the exhaust megaphone ever been inspected?

There have been numerous updates to water pump and soft ware since 2011 15-25-30 E-TEC.

Highlighted
Mate

I will have to look for my service report when I get home. The exhaust megaphone has never been inspected. The parts that have been replaced have been the following, fuel pump, all fuel lines, spark plugs, thermostat, impeller, computer, and a new prop. The lower unit, injectors, and water pumped had been ran through to make sure everything was okay.
Highlighted
Mate

Hi 

I have a very similar problem, search (25 etec low RPM intermittent) 

Did you resolve your issue? my Dealer is stumped. 

Thanks 

Chris