Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

Re: 2015 Evinrude Etec 25hp has erratic idle control issue.

[ Edited ]

Well, the my boat is home now and waiting for a chance to get to the water..

All in all I'm very happy with the way things went down.

The email Bill suggested I write found it's mark. Although I never did hear from BRP personally with the exception of a 'thanks for your concerns, we're looking into the matter' when I 1st sent my email.

The dealer doing the repairs (not my selling dealer) conducted themselves well. They didn't seem to have their nose too far out of joint at my going over their heads.

BRP stepped up very well and sent them new switches and wiring harness which they installed..

I'm confident this will cure my issue as it's replaced all the parts that could be the source with the exception of the ECM..which is highly unlikely.

So in closing, thanks again Bill and BRP for their handling of this matter..I look forward to troublefree night trolling again this season!!

I'll be on the pickerel (walleye) within the next couple weeks.

Mate

Re: 2015 Evinrude Etec 25hp has erratic idle control issue.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm curious how slow you can troll with the 25 etec? Have you taken MPH measurments? I am looking at getting an etec 25hp or a 15hp yamaha 4 stroke. I like that the etec has an adjustment switch to dial in the speed. I want to be able to go really slow. Thanks for any input you can provide