Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate
Accepted Solution

2018 ETEC question.

I just bought a new 2018 60 hp none HO. question is when running the motor it seems fine, but when i look at the larger plastic see through fuel filter after running for a few mins and after running there is never any fuel in it. I prime the bulb and it fills up about 60%, but then it goes empty. Is this normal on there E-tecs?

Admiral

Re: 2018 ETEC question.

Normally the clear fuel filter on the inline engines does not fill up entirely. It is under pressure when the engine is running as it is located between the lift pump and the vapor separator tank (VST). The VST only accepts fuel when needed so often there is not any gasoline going through the filter at all, until the VST is ready for more.  The filter sometimes runs about 1/2 full at high rpm and at low speeds you may not see any going through it, but don't worry, it is doing its job.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.