Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

2019 150 G2 HO - ilink app

Hi.  I just bought boat this weekend and it came with a 150 G2 HO(love how this motor runs).  I downloaded the iLink app and tried to connect to the motor but it will not connect. Or simply does see/recognize the connection.  Coming from a Mecury with vessell view, I really like the app feature. 

Can anyone provide me some advice on how to connect?  There is not a feature in the app(that I can find) to connect.  

Thanks in advance. 

Admiral

Re: 2019 150 G2 HO - ilink app

Did you or your dealer connect the iLink module hardware to the network backbone?

Look for the app eLink and see if that works. There were two different versions of apps depending on the hardware -  Evinrude iLink and Evinrude E-Link.

If you have software version PGF479_A3, the password should be EvinrudeiLINK. Version PGF479_A1 is the old password, EvinrudeELink. 

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Captain

Re: 2019 150 G2 HO - ilink app

The iLink module to connect the engine to the app does not come standard with the G2 engines. It is an accessory item like gauges are and purchased separately.