Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

Re: 250 G2 Plug Change

It helps to spray the cover seals with a silicon spray each time they are installed.
Captain

As a tech at a dealer, it is not that difficult to change the plugs with just taking the side panels off. However, when I get one in for service I usually take the extra few minutes that it takes to remove the side frames for a through visiual inspection anyway.
For my salt water customers I use the Johnson/Evinrude anti corrosion spray.
Mate

Plugs aren’t that bad, can be done with only show covers removed. Takes an hour and still must be indexed. Love the gas mileage. New seals are doing there job with a Ton of grease around the seals. 800 hours on motor since June 18. Good warranty services and customer service. Captain Bill Pappas
Playin Hookey Charters
Highlighted
Mate

The plugs can be changed with only the side covers removed once the coil packs are removed which the dealership/service should have known instead of guessingband costing a ton of time. The water issue is a bit better with the new seals they had to GLUE to the housing. The huge globe of grease help keep the water out. It is very messy. I know there will be a better design, to keep this awesomely engineered engine dry. It has the best gas Mileage PERIOD!! 2.7 mpg at 35 mph!!! Make sure you have your computer updated regularly, this has improved the gas mileage and shown the understanding of Evinrude and her new trim system as it is extremely more reliable and comfortable ride after being updated. Make sure you have your computer updated regularly, this has improve the gas mileage and shown the understanding of Evinrude in their new trim system as it is extremely more reliable and comfortable ride after being updated. The trim got even smarter.
Captain Bill Pappas
Playin Hookey Charters