Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

25hp evinrude etec

I have a 25hp etec 2016 and 2 or 3 time per weekend he goes in safe mode for 5 seconds and restart like nothing appens.. water seem good, oil full, motor not seem overheat.. what you think that should be?
Captain

Re: 25hp evinrude etec

Does it go into safe mode while it is running faster than idle?
You said 5 seconds, does it come out of safe mode while running without restarting?
Skipper

I can run 10 hour before he fall in safe mode.. and when he goes in safe mode 5 seconds after i can go full speed for next 8 or 20 hours before he do again for 5 seconds and after full speed again
Skipper

I never had to restart the motor.. just wait 5 sec in safe mode et after he goes back like he never had problem, he do that since 3 years and never blow off lol
Captain

It would take a dealer with the diagnostic software to see why (what code) is putting it into safe mode. I work on over 200 of these engines and have not seen that condition.
To help be sure it is safe mode, that would drop your engine to 1200 rpm but it would run smoothly at 1200. If an ignition coil or injector were failing you would lose a lot of engine speed but it would run rough.
Skipper

Yes exactly what he do he fall at 1200rpm for 5 sec and goes back like it a new one after for 1or 3 day and he fall back in safe mode for 5 sec .. same paturn
Skipper

Do you know Where is the place for connect the plug of the software? They sell that 80$ in amazon
Admiral

That is not a genuine Evinrude diagnostic software tester. Many are from overseas and are either bootleg copies or corrupted software from accounts of purchasers.

We cannot and do not condone those items and do not offer any help or support for them.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Ok.. but for my problem do you have an idea what is the problem ?
Skipper

how do you explain that my engine for 5 seconds falls in safe mode and that after that I find all the power for a weekend and falls into safe mode, yet it seems to take its gas well, the water pump out well .. I noticed he does it more when the water is cold .. short it's been 3 years that he does it and he leaves and rolls like a new apart once in a weekend for 5 seconds he falls 1200rpm