Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Re: 60 HP E-TEC 2013 WORST ENGINE I EVER HAD

thanks for your comment.  the engine is at the authorized service center and I already ordered a YAMAHA 70 HP to replace the E-tec crap.  once it's fixed I will burn it I guess......

Skipper

Re: 60 HP E-TEC 2013 WORST ENGINE I EVER HAD MORE NEWS

SO I WASTED MY TIME BIG TIME WITH BRP ONCE AGAIN:

HERE'S THEIR REPLY:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning, 

Sea Power is a BRP Platinum Certified dealer with qualified technicians on staff. In regards to consideration, I am unable to specify at this time, but please follow up once the unit is running as designed and I will review your individual situation with management and see if there is anything that can be offered for your inconvenience. 

Regards,

Candy Moreno
BRP MPS After Sales Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVERY TIME I GET IN TOUCH WITH EVINRUDE IS A WASTE OF TIME,  THEY WILL GO AROUND IN CIRCLES UNTIL THEY WEAR YOU  OUT AND GIVE UP.  

Captain

Re: 60 HP E-TEC 2013 WORST ENGINE I EVER HAD MORE NEWS

Hope you have good luck with your new yamaha.Just to show you it can happen to anything a fella took out his new 250hp yamaha proudly for a run,he was towed back by a 76 85 hp johnson so i followed to see what happened.It totally self destructed ,3 or 5 blow cylinders,it was an internal mess.Same happened my my friends merc in 2011 brand new didnt even make it 20 hrs blewey! Again good luck and enjoy your new motor i hope it lasts as long as my 1939 evinrude which is still used to this day.now thats reliabilty.

Skipper

I feel your pain. I've been an eventude guy for many year with no complaints. I bought a boat a year ago with an old Finich on it and knew that motor had all kinds of problems. I looked into getting a new 300 etec and then cam across a used 2014 owned by Charles Walgreen. So I bought it and had it installed might have saved 3500 by the time it was all said and done. Then power head blew within first 10 hours. Warranty covered it and new power head and life is great. Made some fishing plans for 4th July and on the way in from fishing Thursday it just shuts off while running and doesnt't start and I get towed in again. Weekend plans are ruined and I'm pissed. I should have just kept the Finch, same **bleep** different day and would have been thousands less. I talked to many about 2 motors versus one before repower as I was planning to run over to the Bahamas a few times during the summer. Everyone said 90% of the time it's a fuel problem and it dosen't matter how many motors you have. Well no way in hell I feel safe crossing now. Weekend is now ruined and I'm thinking I made a really bad decision. 20 hours in the water and a month or more in the shop seems to be the pattern.
Mate

I agree.  I purchased one new in 2014 and have had to replace computer once, injectors twice, coils twice.  Engine has only 320hrs.

if you are looking for an outboard look at anything other than evinrude