Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

60 e-tec prop

bought new 60hp e-tec tiller 20 inch on 1754 outfitter jon boat 80 inch beam, boat weighs 688 plus 2 people and gear about 350lbs, any ideas on a stainless prop for alaround good performance

Skipper

Re: 60 e-tec prop

Congratulations on the new boat and motor. In order to provide you with the best prop recommendation for your application. I will need to know your engines model number, so I can verify what gear ratio you have. 

The Postings on this site are my own and do no necessarily represent BRP'S positions, strategies or opinions.
Captain

the motor is a 60 DTL  #05359615

Admiral

You will probably find that a 15" or 17" pitch prop will work. Try each one and make sure that the one you choose allows your motor to turn about 5600-5800 rpm  with a full tank of fuel and a normal load of passengers and gear aboard.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

15 or 17 inch prop what pitch THanks

Captain

thanks bluewater bill

Admiral

I forgot to mention previously that the redline for your motor is 6000 rpm.

The pitch is the 15" or 17 " number. The diameter is determined by the manufacturer. Be aware that finding the best prop is a trial and error procedure. Your dealer should help you too as he should be familiar with your rig.

Your engine is an AA model wtih a 2.67:1 gearcase ratio.

Talk to your dealer as you are not yet registered as the owner of the outboard motor

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Captain

You may want to watch this short video.

It will help you understand the process of selecting the correct propeller for your intended use of your boat.

Video Link

The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent BRP's positions, strategies or opinions.
Mate

I've had a lot of success with the 13x17" stainless steel 4 blade Rogue. I have a 15 ' fiberglass bow rider 1200lbs. Does 37 mph, very happy with this prop choice. Turning 5600-5700 rpm on the 60 E-Tec