Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

93 Javelin 389 gauges

Hey guys,

I have a 93 Javelin 389 boat that I just picked up to put my 96 150HP Evinrude on and all the guages have broken needles and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction in getting some new gauges for it. Will any guage work or does it have to be specific for each model boat? I'm new to boating and I am learning as I go. I am trying to get this project finally complete but I dont want to buy the wrong thing online when all I had to do was ask for a little help in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: 93 Javelin 389 gauges

Your 1996 motor will need the System Check tach with the 4-warning lights or a separate SystemCheck gauge. 

See an Evinrude dealer to look at the different styles of gauges that are available. There are aftermarket gauge companies also.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

Re: 93 Javelin 389 gauges

Large gauges are 3 1/2" and small gauges are 2" diameter. These gauge sizes are standardized on most all boats.