Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Captain

Any Carolina Skiff 238 DLV owners here with a E-tec 150, wanna talk props

I have the SSP 15 on my rig but loaded up and trimmed out I get past 6,000 RPM's and hold the throttle back to keep the rev's down. If I trim all the way down full throtle is 5900 RPM's give or take but if I trim up I have to pull back on the throttle. The hole shot is brutal and I get zero blow out or such. I am getting about 38 MPH with this set up but feel I could do better but the skiff is no race boat and speed is not a concern.  I am thinking of a Rebel 15 pitch to get RPM's at 5800 trimmed out with a better cruise speed.

My EMM shows I have had a max of 6.083 RPM's for a few seconds but mostly the majority of max is 5,800 from pulling throottle to 85% on I-command. I thought about keeping it and using throttle to control RPM's since I know I am not lugging it. Wanna speak with othe 238r DLV owners. Thanks

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Any Carolina Skiff 238 DLV owners here with a E-tec 150, wanna talk props

From your specs, I would agree with you on trying the 15" pitch Rebel prop. You may pick up a bit more speed as a bonus and you will improve your cruising speed and fuel economy.

Let us know the results.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.