Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper

Any pictures of dirty injectors?

Has anyone got any pics of dirty injectors that I can compare my injectors to? I pulled the top one off my 90 last night but didnt disassemble it, it didnt appear too bad on the outside. But that is the outside. Just want to have something to compare to as I am new to this whole ETEC thing.

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Any pictures of dirty injectors?

[ Edited ]

An injector ihas 2 internal filters. Only the circular one is accessible after removing the outer shell. I can post images in a day or two.

It is very important to follow the service manual procedures exactly or have a factory trained technician do the servicing. Read the disclaimer at the bottom of this post.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Admiral

[ Edited ]

Water contamination in the fuel and the deposits seen around the accessible filter screen

Water in 90 E-TEC (2).JPG

Corroded injector 1.jpg

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Admiral

[ Edited ]

Injector body removed from outer housing

DSC_0520.JPG

Highlighted
Skipper

Thanks, I have taken mine out and sent them to the injector man. I didnt separate them from the housing however. How difficult is it to remove the injector from the housing?

Highlighted
Admiral

It is a fairly tight fit as the orings have to seal pressurized gasoline. There is a special bridge type puller or you can use a slide hammer that is an Evinrude special tool. A seal kit is recommended for any dissassembled injectors that are reassembled.