Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Captain

Are you guys / girls getting replies from brp.care@brp.com?

Morning gang.  I've sent a couple emails to BRP Care, asking about a warranty issue and haven't received any replies.  Are they still answering emails and/or how long of a lag time have you been experiencing.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Are you guys / girls getting replies from brp.care@brp.com?

With the shutdown and laying off many people, the remaining  crew is overwhelmed and things may take longer than usual to be resolved, sorry to say. On Mondays the phones are not operational as the day is spent catching up on warranty and dealers' situations. From Tuesday through Friday the phones are operational but there are likely hold times.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

[ Edited ]

Thank you.  Are you able to provide the associated phone number?  The Evinrude website, for me anyway, is not working.  Is it the 844-345-4277 number?

Highlighted
Admiral

That is the correct number

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

What problem are you having with your motor.

BW Bill will sort it out for you, one of the other super techs on the site will help out.

Highlighted
Captain

Hope you are well.  Finally got moved and the engine into a local dealer for the firmware update that I needed to resolve the hot air sensor alarms.  Unfortunately they charged me for the update when I believe it should have been a warranty issue.

Highlighted
Captain

Boom.  Received an email reply from BRP.  They are on it...  Just thought I'd post an update so as not to be a 'drive-by poster.'  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Admiral

What did they tell you?

Highlighted
Captain

That particular update is covered by warranty but only on engines where it sets air temp high codes. The dealer may have to submit an engine report in order to get a warranty claim code.
Highlighted
Captain

[ Edited ]

Haven't heard anything more.  If my hot air sensor alarm went off numerous times last season, there should have been a code that showed up, right?  Guess I should have asked for a printout....  Wasn't a huge bill but I have always believed in treating people fairly.  If I get bent over on this, I will try a different dealer to be sure.