Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

Best. Engine. Ever

I see a lot of people posting about their issues on this board. I know that these posts are helpful for owners, but I wanted to offer a post for prospective owners. I own a 2004 etec 90. This is an older motor. However, it has been the most reliable motor I've ever owned. As much as I would like a newer motor, I just can't find a reason to upgrade. The motor starts like day one; it gets out of the hole quicker than my neighbors carbureted 2-stroke. The difference is it uses significantly less fuel. Trading in my 4-stroke was the best decision I've ever made. This motor is lighter with more low-end power. Do I want a new 115? Sure. Would I take a new 115 that wasn't an etec? No way! In fact, if someone offered to give me brand new 115hp 4 stroke, I would take it... Then sell it and buy an etec.
Highlighted
Captain

Re: Best. Engine. Ever

I just want to echo Texas_Gator's post.  My 250G2 has been absolutely incredible.  I just ordered a 2nd boat and yes, EVINRUDE POWER!!

Ranger Ryan
Highlighted
Admiral

It is refreshing to have customers posting about the joy their engines give to them.  It is easy to forget that there are hundreds of thousands or more likely over a million loyal Evinrude customers out there enjoying their time on the water.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

Smiley HappyIn the marina where i keep my boat there was mostly gray motors ,within the last year the e-tech have taken over what does that tell you ?

Highlighted
Captain

i wonder how many of the grey whales succomed to the dreaded exhaust rot? my yamaha 225 died this way . my boat re powerd  with the 250 g2 on it is a dream now. the power is so much better all over the rpm range. my mph is up by 9 mph i am right at 50 and using about 17 gph at wot . what i am noticing on this fourm is that most of the problems i see are either fuel related or the motor has been overheated by blocked intakes.