Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎03-15-2012

Certified Service Technicians??

How do we identify Dealers that have Certified Service Technicians?  Is there anyway we can identify those dealers with strong Service organizations?

Posts: 8,840
Registered: ‎07-14-2011

Re: Certified Service Technicians??

If you click on FIND A DEALER at the top of the page, you can search for dealers in your area. The ones with certified technicians have a propeller logo that says BRP Certified Technician along side the name. Platinum dealers have to have even higher qualifications and meet more stringent standards than a regular dealerships and there is a separate logo alongside the name.




"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 



The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.