Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper

Cowling issue

S/n 05380246 250 ho  bought the boat in 2014 and this past May brought it to my dealers attention the paint on the cowling was pealing off.  I live in Indiana (freshwater) and the boat is only used 6 months out of the year. It only has 80 hours on it.  I have been told BRP will not do anything.  Given the awful experience I have had with this engine, this is the icing on the cake. I have never had such a awful engine in my boating life.  The problems have been too numerous to go through in this post.  The latest is fuel lines under the cowling leaking from the fuel pump and a computer that decided to show”00” hours.  I have been complaining about the lack of power for 3 years. 

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Cowling issue

Your dealer can contact Evinrude Dealer Support for guidance in determining thewarranty coverage of the blemish.  Pictures may be required for inspection and determination by Evinrude.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Mate

e-tech 115

has any had an ighnition error on a e tch 115. I have an ignition 1 error (cut off sitch) error code 101 and ignition 3 (cut off switch)  error 103 can anyone help me please i also hav a 40/55 low voltage error but the engine funs fine

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: e-tech 115

That calls for a visit to an authorized Evinrude dealer for troubleshooting and inspection.  Like today's cars and trucks, many service procedures have to be done by someone with technical training plus the proper tools and diagnostic equipment.

If your motor is still under warranty, then it is even more important to have it checked out.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.