Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

DPS Manifold Back Ordred

Well, 

I have a 2017 G2 ETEC with about 80 hours.  I had been having a problem with the DPS streering.  When you turn the wheel to one direction the motor keeps running.  I took the motor to an authorized Evinrude dealer who said the part is back ordered, and that it had to be made.  That was in August, and today is September 19, 2019 and no part has arrived.  This has caused me to miss a number of tournaments.  I called Evinrude and they said maybe on 09/27/2019 the part will be shipped to the dealer.  Apparently there has been problems with this and Evinrude is aware, but has not called for a recall.  I am just upset that they don’t have every part of these motors around for problems such as this.  Again, I have less then 100 hours on my motor.  I assume the warranty will cover this 100%, but I am starting to lose faith.

Evinrude if you read this feel free to email me at tyeguy2535@comcast.net.  My engine is serial # 05493326, Model # C200FLAA

Readers let me know who else has had this problem

Skipper

Re: DPS Manifold Back Ordred

For the record, the part arrived at the dealer today.  Now let’s see if that solves the issue

Captain

Re: DPS Manifold Back Ordred

I have no idea how you can quantify one failed DPS manifold as a cause for a recall. I've got dozens of these engines in the field and none have had a DPS failure at all. Stuff breaks.