Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Data plate

Good morning all, I'm hoping someone can help me identify this engine. I just bought an 81 Aquasport I sorry and one of the previous owners thought it would be a good idea to paint over everything on the outside of the outboard. Any numbers I can find on the block don't seem to do me any good when trying to find out what type it is. The only thing I can make out is Evinrude on the cover. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Skipper

Re: Data plate

Also if some can tell me how to post pictures that would be great.
Admiral

@Billy4w wrote:
Also if some can tell me how to post pictures that would be great.

Click on the HELP on the upper right of this page, then click on IMAGES on the left side of the page

Take photos of the motor cover and decals, both sides of the powerhead, the back, and the top. Also a shot of the whole motor from the side.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the help, now iI have to figure out how to reduce the size of the images, it say's the files size is to large to upload. Once i figure out how to do this I will post the pics. thanks again.

0813190720a_HDR.jpg0813190721_HDR.jpg0813190721a_HDR.jpg0813190720b_HDR.jpg0813190720c_HDR.jpg0813190719c_HDR.jpg0813190720_HDR.jpg

Admiral

What numbers are stamped on the 1" silver disc that is on top of the starboard side of the cylinder block?

the disc is seen in your picture of the topside of the motor.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

G2977574
Admiral

that's exactly what I was looking for.

It may take a day or two but it will be researched for you.

Skipper

I would greatly appreciate it, it would be nice to know what it is so I can order the service manuals for it. Thanks again.
Admiral

serial # G2977574 is a 1991 Evinrude model E90TLEI

Skipper

Hey buddy thanks alot very much appreciated.