Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Community Manager

E-Nation shutting down

Hi everyone, 

I just wanted to let you know that we will be shutting down the E-Nation message board in the coming days. The contract was up with the hosting company and given Evinrude production has ended, we have opted not to renew. 

A massive THANK YOU to Bill for all his hard work on this board. 

Thank you for all years of support of Evinrude. The sun has set on this unforgettable trip and we'll never forget our amazing customers and the adventures we've had. 

Thank you

- Dan

Highlighted
Skipper

Re: E-Nation shutting down

[ Edited ]

Dan,

I must say I will miss this board but I do understand.

I have picked much information and enjoy reading about all the different things in case I run across them one day.

My G1 225 will be running for along time (hopefully) but I will miss this site.

May God Bless.

Highlighted
Skipper

[ Edited ]

E. Dan,

This is a really untimely set of events for us left owning Evinrude/Johnson outboards especially the two strokes. Mainly the dealer network is going to be completly gone and getting the remaining exsisting dealers to do service work or answer questions etc is going to be extremely hard especially when where I live the remaining dealers are few and far between. 

In light of all that it would be prudent move on Evinrude/BRP to set up a re-direct web site if there becomes a new owners forum so at least we can get questions answered or at least comapre notes. 

I can't believe this costs BRP any money to maintain the site, at the very least let it continue on for awhile till another site gets up and running.

Bill has been an amazing resource to thousands of us E owners and to just cut it off is short sighted based.

I wonder how many consumers out there own Evinrudes that own BRP wheelers, snowmobiltes and trikes or where looking at them. I know for my particular view I will take a hard look at othere brands that are for more consistent with there customer support. I get the shutting down Evinrude if it doesnt make since monetarily wise or if the emissions become to difficult,  but to cut us off with out a sounding board is in my opion a poor option. 

If by chance I missed something along the way in terms of the communication on this subject, I sincerly apologize.

Respectfully but not very happy,

Jeff

Highlighted
Admiral

Thanks for the kind words.

One thing to note, no other manufacturer has an online tech support like Evinrude has with E-NATION.  You can find internet forums that may specialize in certain makes and models but they are not factory sites.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

Agree with JJAlaska.

This site along with www.EtecOwnersGroup.com are really the only sites dedicated to Evinrude motors and are super helpful.  We owners are feeling more and more hung out to dry as a result.  I'm sure the coming 12-18 months we will see Evinrude dealers dry up and Platinum Certified won't mean a thing.  

I purchased my service manual shortly after purchase (2017) and just recently bought the EvDiag software on eBay.  Sure it's bootleg, but what choice do I have.  

Would love to see Evinrude send free copies of EvDiag to all owners along with access to BossWeb or whatever dealers use.  Would help us recoup some of the lost value.

At this point, I've resigned that I'll have to run my etec till warranty is up (2025) and when it blows up (or the EMM melts) I'll just drop it and repower with something else.  

Dissappointed in South Carolina, USA.

2017 Tidewater 1910 Baymax
Evinrude 150HO (M: E150HGXABH S/N: 05500627H MFDate: 6/17)
Highlighted
Skipper

Bill and E- NATION,

I'm not sure what your (Bill) relationship is with E and BRP but several of us would probably subscribe to a paid service for your expertise and insight of E and J ob's. Bill, I'am  not sure if you have a day job or not or if your a service manager at a marina or retired. 

Who else out there in E land is with me on this? The only way to get this moving is to get together and convince Bill to move ahead with this. If you want a E support site the only way to get it going is to repost and get others on board with this.

I could easily see product support getting very ugly for Evinrude and Johnson OB's (thanks BRP!!!!), thats why I'm buying a spare complete running  Evinrude that has become available to me that is  same hp, year etc just a lefty. 

I'm also going into my local E dealer some 50 miles away and filling up every clean jug I have with XD100 just because I doubt they will buying any more in bulk. It's 40/gal in bulk or 47/gal in a E/BRP jug here in Alaska.

Sorry to put you on the spot Bill but this site shutdown just irritates my craw to no end.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Skipper

I agree with JJAlaska. Bluewater Bills knowledge is invaluable. I would pay for his services at at any cost. We will surely miss him otherwise.

Highlighted
Skipper

Ok,, did i miss something here??? The OP Did just Announce this site is shutting DOWN"  They may have HAD a ONLINE TEC SUPPORT SITE via ENATION,,,But not no more,,,,JUst like BRP'S Reputation,, "ITS HISTORY"". Dont See "OTHER MANUFACTURER'S HANGING THERE CUSTOMERS OUT TO DRY EITHER

Is it possible the reason there DISMANTELING THIS SITE is so when they screw all of us On Warranty claims and parts availibilty that (1) they will not have to worry about being BASHED on this site.... (2). by eliminating this estiblished means of communication with others will help prevent from future BRP customers for ATV's & SNOWMOBILES and BOATS from hearing first hand How thier screwing there EX-OUTBOARD Customers,, and Probably would result in many to look elsewhere before going with a BRP Product......I still say this DEAL will BITE BRP in the ASS Bigtime in the long run,,, They will spend a Lifetime trying to OUTRUN The Reputation from this DEAL....

Highlighted
Captain

Ceasing production of a motor line (G1/G2) that was not profitable to BRP is understandable in a business perspective. Shutting down customer support will assure that any future motor products will not be successful if released under the Evinrude name.
Many of us certified techs have learned a lot from Bill on here. I hope that Evinrude will keep Bills services available on other forums.
Highlighted
Admiral

Thanks, my friend, but with E-NATION going away my consulting contract with Evinrude ends also.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.