Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Re: E-TEC ISSUES on my 115

In the seven years we have owned this E tec  My phone calls to Evinrude started the week after we purchased the motor and the first time it left me dead in the water.  The customer service rep told me all issues had to be worked out through the dealer. Now when I drive by the marina dealer pulling my rig, he runs and hides.  I think on day one, when it didn't run right out of the box, it should have been returned, to have the engineers at Evinrude  check it out. It should have been replaced with another engine.  If my name had been Babe Winkleman, it probably would have been delivered to my door step. The first two weeks we owned it, I spent my time  draging the boat back and forth from the lake to the marina for them to try something else to make it run.  That trip has been on going and getting old.  Thanks for reading my complaint and offering a sugestion to contact brp. I might still do that.   maybe there is someone new there to offer sugestions on what to do with this poor performing evenrude, that has not lived up to the dependable name.  Thanks jshu52

Admiral

My suggestion would be to contact BRP Evinrude, ask about a different servicing dealer to have the engine checked over and repaired correctly  so you can enjoy it the way it was meant to be.  

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

I feel your pain.

Please read my post on Member of the E-Tec Blown Engine Club".

There are to many post concerning these same problems.  And you know there are many more that haven't posted.

Mate

2011 115etec rain great for 3 years . now magnets flying off . starter blew up. also flywill replaced. now there is a prob with exhaust valve. going into my 7 season . i didit even run it till 2012. make it right etec
Admiral

If the magnets are coming off the flywheel, are they rusty? If so, then there may be a water leak on the motor or something like a transducer on the transom is spraying water up and getting ingested through the motor cover air inlet.

I'm sure if any of that happened during the factory warranty period, they would have made it right for you very quickly. 

You can email the serial number to Evinrude and express your concerns at   http://www.brp.com/en/forms/contact-us.html

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Just bought a 90 HO from AQUA tech Marine in Palm Bay Florida. It had 5 hours on it over 4 trips , went to start it ...Nothing been at the shop for 10 days replaced EMM called me today still wont start I think I will hire an attorney. Hey CA Richardson thanks for the endorsement the motor SUX.

Rob B

Highlighted
Admiral

We are sorry to hear about your experience with a used Evinrude outboard. Was any remaining warranty coverage transferred over to your name?

A motor that won't start is fairly easy to diagnose - fuel, ignition, compression, etc.  When you say it won't start, do you mean that it cranks over but does not fire up or when you turn the key, nothing happens?

You can email Evinrude with the engine serial number, dealer name and your contact info with your situation and they will look into it for you. Remember this time of the year is the busy season so please be patient.

http://www.brp.com/en/forms/contact-us.html