Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

E-TEC Torque

E-TEC claims higher torque than competition but I can't find torque in engine specs. It most outboard apps it is more important than hp.

I would like to know the torque specs (including RPM) for the E-TEC 60, 75, 90, and 115 engines.

Thanks

Al
E_TEC 115hp
Serial No 05333751
Model E115DPLIN
Captain

Re: E-TEC Torque

I too could not be happier with my 2011 30 hp. E30DTEL.  Would like to see the output torque specs on the

30hp vs the 25hp if they are available and maybe even the 15HO. The Lund website shows some performance

tests using  25 vs 30 hp Mercury outboards on the same 14 and 16' boats. The top end difference varies from 1-3 mph

between the two. I suspect the real benefit of a 30hp becomes more apparent when extra gear or passengers

are aboard

Highlighted
Skipper

I think 2-strokes have more torque than their comparable HP 4-stroke engines. If you fill a boat full of passengers and gear you would probably be grateful for as much torque you can get out of the engine, yes :-)

Admiral

The following are actual calibrated dynometer comparisons with the E-TEC to the equivalent Yamaha models. I do not have any smaller motor charts.

Horsepower is only a calculated figure from torque and rpm. The formula is horsepower = torque X rpm divided by 5252. To find the torque from a hp graph, just take horsepower X 5252 and  divide by rpm.

E-TEC 225 vs. Yamaha F225 torque chart.jpg

E-TEC 150 vs. Yamaha F150 hp chart.jpg

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Captain

Thanks - would appreciate same info for the engines I requested.

E-TEC punts "more torque" but it doesn't mean anything if we don't know how much "more" actually is.

Al
E_TEC 115hp
Serial No 05333751
Model E115DPLIN
Skipper

Hello, new to the site and looking for the torque specs for reinstalling a 2004 115 ficht head.  Also the pattern for same.  Thanks in advance. 

Admiral

14-16 ft. lbs.  - torque in several stages

Allow RTV to dry for 24 hours before starting engine

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

07 etec 115 the same?
Admiral

14-16 ft. lbs.  - torque in several stages

Allow RTV to dry for 24 hours before starting engine