Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper

ETEC 15HO on NMEA

I purchased a 15ETEC HO this past spring for trolling lake Michigan. I have a Humminbird Helix10 which will display my 200G2 information. This unit supports a second motor and I would like to get my 15 Kicker motor on this display; however, the ETEC 15 does not natively sit on NMEA. I"m seeking a recommendation to convert the analog signals for RPM's to NMEA so I can display on my Helix10. Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks,

Craig

Skipper

Re: ETEC 15HO on NMEA

The smaller motors don't support NEMA, so I don't think there is an easy way to do what you want.(if at all)

Captain

Such animals exist, one type is the NoLand Engineering "RS11 Engine Data Converter" that converts tachometer signals and other analog gauge voltages from virtually any engine into CANbus digital messages (NMEA 2000).  Whether that is the best, or low cost option, for your use ... no idea!

Admiral

If you are only looking for the rpm, an inexpensive Tiny-Tach with one wire would work for you plus shows the running hours for less than $50

https://www.tinytach.com/gasoline-tinytach

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.