Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

ETEC 250 Trim Paint Color

I have a 2014 ETEC 250HO

Model E250H6LAB

Serial # 05394196

Need touch up paint for my lower unit.   Not sure of the color; I believe its Charcoal.   Is there a touch up paint and clear coat I can purchase from Evinrude?    Anyone have application tips?    Any information appreciated.   

Admiral

Re: ETEC 250 Trim Paint Color

0777172 PRIMER. –. Midsection & Gearcase

0777177 GRAPHITE.   

Sand,prep, and prime the area well. Light multiple coats to build up a gloss.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Thank you.   I don't see Graphite available on the Evinrude site.   White, blue, light blue, Charcoal only.   I will search the number you provided; perhaps its not available in spray can.    Thanks.    

Highlighted
Admiral

In your model number, that is probably the letter G for graphite instead of the number 6.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Captain

The paint for the engines that Evinrude calls Graphite is labeled as 0777177 Smoke in spray cans.
Admiral

For some unknown reason #0777177 paint is called both smoke and graphite, depending in which publication it is listed.

Skipper

Thank you all for the fast and accurate information.   If I learned to stay off gravel bars I would not need to worry about what color it is.