Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper

Engine rpm increase-decrease uncommanded

I have an E75DPGLAFH with 11 hours total time and Engine RPM varies uncommanded. Any comments or thoughts would be much appreciated before I take it to the dealer. as reference I inserted 2000 rpm and 3000 rpm engine running log of metric units data and videos.

Log at 2000 rpm.jpg

Log at 3000 rpm.jpg

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Engine rpm increase-decrease uncommanded

[ Edited ]

You can see the throttle position sensor position change and voltage differences in the 2 rpm ranges. Something is moving the TPS to change rpm.

If you are talking about the slight rpm changes within the 2000 and 3000 rpm ranges, those are normal due to any type of boat movement from wind and waves,

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

[ Edited ]

Yes, I noticed the TPS. I will have a quick look and see if it is loose or anything related to throttle position (cables, endplay etc.) On the other hand I am not sure this would cause the rough idle as shown in the video (maybe too low idle could do this?). At the day of logging weather was very nice calm waves and no wind. 

Engine Identification Report.jpg 

Highlighted
Admiral

Now that the rest of your report shows it, be very vigilant to ONLY use the XD-100 oil in your motor as it is programmed for the reduced oil setting, XD-100.  Never use a different oil unless the setting is changed to TC-W3 oil.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

I requested XD-100 cause I will be facing cold weather operation winter time. I never leave home without extra oil in the boat. Thanks for Input Bluewater Bill
Highlighted
Admiral

Really glad to hear that you are so knowledgeable and diligent.