Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Engine stalled

@noahron wrote:
I'm at a loss!

You or your tech should follow the suggestions by Nordman and those from my post to you from 3 weeks ago.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

I finally broke down and took it to a dealer hopefully he can find the problems!!
Highlighted
Admiral

Please let us know what they find out.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

I have a 115 etec and your symptoms sound same as mine, here is what dealer did to fix mine
Look like the problems are resolved.
1.spring for popoff valve lowered so takes less pressure to open and this lowered the operating at the lower speeds temperature.
2.Solinoid valve was added to vent for VST. This vent is used on the G2's, when keyed up and voltage to fuel pump also puts voltage to this solinoid to open valve, when keyed down the valve closes.
I have run fair amount since fixes and haven't had any issues. Keeping my fingers crossed but think it is working now.
Thanks for input as I have learned a lot about my new Evenrude
Highlighted
Captain

I have a 115 etec and your symptoms sound same as mine, here is what dealer did to fix mine
Look like the problems are resolved.
1.spring for popoff valve lowered so takes less pressure to open and this lowered the operating at the lower speeds temperature.
2.Solinoid valve was added to vent for VST. This vent is used on the G2's, when keyed up and voltage to fuel pump also puts voltage to this solinoid to open valve, when keyed down the valve closes.
I have run fair amount since fixes and haven't had any issues. Keeping my fingers crossed but think it is working now.
Thanks for input as I have learned a lot about my new Evenrude
Highlighted
Captain

Highlighted
Captain

Dealer replace the fuel tank, new hose and primer bulb and low pressure lift pump. now run worse than ever, stalled 5 time in an hr. going back to dealer on monday for another week or so!!!

Highlighted
Captain

Now it doesn't run at all!!
Highlighted
Captain

Evinrude tech and I ran the boat for around 3 hrs with computer and gauges hook up we had no problems.put the cover on the engine, started to have problems.upon further investigation we found a vacuum hose was being pinched when the cover was on. Ran the boat for around 2 he yesterday,ran fine, going out fishing in a while , will keep you posted.
Thank you Knapik marina Amsterdam NY
Highlighted
Captain

engine has been punning perfect the last few days!