Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate
Accepted Solution

Engine turns to the side when left tilted up

[ Edited ]

Hi, I’m a new owner of a 250HO and really happy except for one thing. When I leave my engine fully tilted up it turns to the side during night, is this normal behavior? The problem for me it that I have a rail which is leans against and I’m worried it will get scratched. I have a Ultraflex steering.

Captain

Re: Engine turns to the side when left tilted up

I use one of these to keep the engine centered. Evinrude sell a similiar device.

https://www.lock-n-haul.com/lnhg22.html

Admiral

That is normal as without pressure in the system to seat seals and o-rings, hydraulic systems may creep slowly over time.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Ok, thank you, then I know, maybe just adding some padding on my rail is enough then. 

D21C3555-B169-4C05-A818-1FFAC04C3665.jpeg

Mate

Ok, but having to put I there every time at port doesn’t seem like a good solution, but thanks for replying.

Captain

Had similar issue and fixed it by affixing a strong bungee, that was tied off by small yellow color parachute-type cord to the primer bulb as a ‘reminder’ to remove it. But if I didn’t “, the bungee would at least still allow ‘safe steering’, whereas a ‘fixed’ limiter will not ...
Highlighted
Captain

I have the same engine and it does exactly the same, does not bother me.