Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper

Etec 25 here we go again...

So i tell the dealer i want to get a new water pump /plugs and just a gerneral going over , so was told bring it in april before theseason  rush , so i go to get things ready for the first time out tommorow  start motor and ran fine for about 5-10 min then stalled i just put a new fuel hose kit thought maybe some air started it up again and started to run very rough shaking smokeing then shuts down , so since i bought this motor new in 2011 last year was the first time i got to use my boat the whole season  5 oil tanks leaks and 4 vst 2 under warrent 2 out of my pocket and some of you may know how exspensive these are i really now at a lose of what to do with this motor , do they sell the software kit to work on these yourself because it getting way outa hand , i bet theres not even 300 hours on it,

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Etec 25 here we go again...

5 oil tanks and 4 VSTs ?

That sounds very excessive. What was the cause of each of the four VST problems? Was it water in the fuel, varnish deposits, corroded or locked up fuel pump from rust, or something else?

Your engine is at least 8 years old  and with those low hours, was a fuel stabilizer used properly each time BEFORE the motor was put into storage?

Can you post your engine model and serial number?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

Bill , Yes the motor always had stabilizer in the fuel since new i always used the 2+4 recomended by the dealer, I purchased the boat and motor in 2011, 2 weeks after that i noticed oil coming out of the lower case , took it back they said oil tank hoses  were leaking they fixed that , next season started off good then motor started running rough and stalling take it to dealer said vst had water , that was fixed few months later again large puddle of oil on the ground take it back was told bad oil pump, rest season went fine , motor was taken to dealer to get winterized even thou its very simple go to start the boat for the next season again running rough and dieing take it back was told pump in vst bad, get it back used it a few more times and again the oil tank is leaking . called them they said theres a new design tank bring it in, I used the boat another season all is good then wanted to use boat for some duck hunting first time useing it in colder weather few times used all is fine then again again a little bit of oil not alot but you can see it coming from around the push connectors then motor again running rough and stalling then wont start . take it once again to dealer vst So my mistake thats 3 vst and today when in bring it to the dealer it will be 4 the oil leak has not return for 3 seasons but its really a shame that the motor spends more time at the dealer then being used , when the motor is running its really an out standing motor i just dont know what to do with it at this point.

Highlighted
Skipper

Trying to upload 2 videos from this morning , ran fine at first then started to run rough and stall