Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Captain
Accepted Solution

Etec G2 200 HO Garmin Autopilot

The Garmin 1.0 L autopilot pump is good for steering cylinder volumes up to 10 cubic inches
The 2.0 L pump is good for steering cylinder volumes from 10 cubic inches to 24 cubic inches
If I have twin G2 200 ho outboards with the selectable power steering option, can I get away with using the 1.0 L pump?
I don't want to use the Garmin Smart pump due to it being about double the price. Thanks.
Highlighted
Captain

Re: Etec G2 200 HO Garmin Autopilot

Let me ask this question a different way: what is the steering cylinder volume of a single ETEC G2 200HO?

Highlighted
Admiral

About the same as the popular Seastar cylinders and G2 can use the same autopilot

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

Thanks

Highlighted
Skipper

Garmin recommends to only use the 1.0L pump in single engine applications reguardless of the cylinder displacement.

Highlighted
Captain

But what about the fact that both engines have power assist (power steering?)