Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

Re: Etec G2 300hp operating parameters and manual

You can buy them right off Evinrude web site. Look for your motor under the parts section. That's where I got mine.

Captain

Hello Steve,
No I have not acquired one yet. I have a dealer who I am working thru to get. As soon as I get one I will let you know. How is your 225hp running?. I hope we'll. I just today had my dealer/mechanic install repair kit on my 300hp. A bulletin came out regarding possible seizing on number 6 cylinder at max power. Mechanic installed kit with larger water houses and redirected hose to number 6 cylinder. Looking forward to getting out on water tomorrow.
Ray
Captain

Thanks I will try
Captain

Hello Steve,
No I have not acquired one yet. I have a dealer who I am working thru to get. As soon as I get one I will let you know. How is your 225hp running?. I hope we'll. I just today had my dealer/mechanic install repair kit on my 300hp. A bulletin came out regarding possible seizing on number 6 cylinder at max power. Mechanic installed kit with larger water houses and redirected hose to number 6 cylinder. Looking forward to getting out on water tomorrow.
Ray
Skipper

Thanks for the info ray. Is there any website you can link to so I can find that bulletin? I love the new motor. Great power, much quieter than my merc saltwater, once I got used to it I love the fly by wire controls . I have a 2000, 22ft wellcraft walk around and I cruise at 40 mph (before 32/33mph). My only negative is the extra 50-75lb added to the transom has put my deck drains underwater. I added ping pong ball scuppers but it is still a negative that my boat sits so low in water now, but that's my fault. Working on moving 100 lbs of battery to just under the helm which I hope helps (even though I know the front of the boat is not at ideal place for batteries for a few reasons). My only other neg and this is not a big deal and really just a preference i miss having all of my gauges with one dedicated function that I can see at all times. Instead I have two digital gauges that I have to toggle through to check . No big deal but it is what it is.
Skipper

Good luck with your motor I'm sure you will love it
Skipper

[ Edited ]

Oh yeah third negative is I wish I had a more in depth book on the motor. Haha. That owners manual you get tells you next to nothing.

Ex 1)I had to take off the outer shell of motor not just side panels (long story) and it took me forever bc I didn't want to damage it and I have no literature on motor to help (FYI there are two clips on top you have to get by once you remove screws haha) ex 2 ) I wanted to buy replacement annodes. No part numbers in book. Tookl dealer 20 minutes to find replacements #s

Just little things like that

Captain

I watched my trained mechanic take off outer and inner panels and it is a bit of a jig saw puzzle with a variety of different size screws and locking clamps. Somebody told me you can buy manual right off Evinrude web site. Look for your motor under the parts section. I took my boat out today and had a good time but seas and winds here in Pensacola have been unforgiving. Looking forward to improvement in summer months.
Ray
Captain

Skipper

Thanks I'll check ev website but I don't think they offer literature for almost new models. Enjoy