Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Captain

Evinrude 135 HO

[ Edited ]

I'm one the the Evinrude Pro-Staff Teams and we run the new 135 Ho's on our tournament boat which we fish the SKA tournament Trail. If any of you are thinking about purchasing one of these GREAT engines and would like to ask some questions about it, feel free to send me a PM message or I will be glad to have an open discussion with you on this site. I will tell you this up front. We are COMPLETELY satisfied with these engines and would recommend them to anyone needing engines in this HP range. Please feel free to respond and I'll give you all the info I can. Also, if you are interested in one of the 130's, we ran them for three years prior to the 135 HO's. We can discuss them also

Tight lines to all and be safe. Spend more time on the water with Evinrude.

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Evinrude 135 HO

Hi Kingfisher,

Thank you for offering to share your Evinrude experiences with us.

Perhaps our readers would like to see a performance and fuel consumption comparisons at various speeds and rpms between the original  V-4 130 hp E-TECs and your new V-6 135 hp outboards on the same boat.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

[ Edited ]

I have fished with David on this boat for a few years. the 130's got great fuel mileage-  so good in fact  that I am in the process of replacing my 115 Johnson with one of the 130's.off this boat.  

It seems to me that the 135HO's might even get a little better fuel mileage than the 130's did. - if that's possible ? 

As for quiet running it's unbellievable how quiet either the130 or the 135 HO is.   In my opinion Evinrude has hit a home run with the new H.O. series...... !!!!

A Bad Day Fishing Beats A Good Day At Work
Amanda Gail Fishing Team
Highlighted
Captain

avg numbers, this is with twins on a heavy hull with full load

rpm                                  MPG

500                                 9.0

1000                              5.3

2000                              3.2

3000                             2.8

4000                             2.5

5000                            2.2

Highlighted
Mate

I may be too late for this but I am purchasing a 135 H.O and putting it on a Xpress H18 bass boat with a 10" jack plate.  Just wondering if you knew of someone with this package or similar and any prop suggestions.

Highlighted
Admiral

Finding a good propeller for all around use is a trial and error procedure if your dealer is not familiar with your rig.

Just as an educated guess, you could start out with a 19" or a 21" Viper prop to see how the WOT rpm turns out. You want to shoot for 5500-5800 rpm ideally and the redline is 6000 rpm for the current  135HO.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Mate

How about a Raker prop.  I think that is what he quoted me for.  I had a vipir on my last etec and it was a good prop.

Highlighted
Admiral

A Raker is a very specialized and  fast prop but is not the best for every hull. Try one out before you put your money down.

Highlighted
Mate

I guess its just a matter of trying a few different ones.  Dealer said he will make sure I get the right performance from the rig.

Highlighted
Admiral

Sounds like you have a good dealer. Let us know which prop worked best for you.