Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Evinrude E-tec 115 G1 2007

Hi.

I have an 2007 Etec 115 run 320 hours, my problem started with check enige while running, my service center said it was an sensor for  low voltage that was broken, they change it but next trip out was just the same, i read some posts in here and found out it could the flywheel and stator, and so it was, i was missing 6 magnets and another 5 was starting too come loose or was already in bits, and the flywheel are rusty, right under the flywheel in the engine block there seems too be a small crack? any one seen this before?

ChristofferEvinrude 115.jpg

Admiral

Re: Evinrude E-tec 115 G1 2007

@Christoffer wrote:

Hi.

I have an 2007 Etec 115 run 320 hours, my problem started with check enige while running, my service center said it was an sensor for  low voltage that was broken, they change it but next trip out was just the same, i read some posts in here and found out it could the flywheel and stator, and so it was, i was missing 6 magnets and another 5 was starting too come loose or was already in bits, and the flywheel are rusty, right under the flywheel in the engine block there seems too be a small crack? any one seen this before?

Christoffer

From your image, it appears to be paint buildup in a corner that cracked, not the aluminum as I do not notice any signs of leakage..

You should check the rest of the engine over as that rust came from water getting onto the engine. Often it is from a hose leaking or the pressure relief valve leaking. Other times a tranducer or other protrusion on the transom is throwing spray that gets ingested into the motor cover air intake.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Thaks for the quick response, i had i small nedlee and i could stick it in the crack 5mm or so, is this place on the enige some sort of water cooling too the enige? That could explain the rusty flywheel?

I have wiped and cleand around the place, thats when i saw the crack. The pressure relife valve seems ok, no water signs around it. 

Captain

There is no such thing as a replaceable sensor for low voltage. Your findings of the flywheel and magnets is certainly a cause for low System Voltage fault. Extreme water exposure is most likely cause for magnet bond failure. Magnets need to be repaired or flywheel replaced. Find source of water intrusion. 

ElderSparky

· Was your question answered? Help others find the answer by clicking "Accept as Solution".
· See a great post? Give a Kudo kudo.pngto show your appreciation!