Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Captain
Accepted Solution

Evinrude G2 engine sync

[ Edited ]

WIth dual engineson the G2s when you go to sync the engine rpms is their a master and slave throtel?If I am running my port engine at 3500 rpm and want to sync my starboard engine how does the control work.Getting ready to buy a set of 300s and just want to lear a few things first.This will be 23 Evinrude engins I have owned.I have never run any other engine and cant see anoy other manufacture on my boat either.

Admiral

Re: Evinrude G2 engine sync

[ Edited ]

Thank you for being a loyal member of the Evinrude family.

You will love the feel, the precision, and the convenience of digital shift and throttle. Evinrude makes their controls easier to use and to sync than other brands.

The Sync function combines engine RPM, throttle and shift functions for all engines that can be controlled by a single lever, the left one, no matter if there are 2, 3, or 4 motors.

Synchronization  occurs when the "SYNC" button is pressed on the control. A red LED will illuminate to indicate to the boat operator that the Sync is active.

The control handles must be aligned with 5% of one another for the Sync function to arm or be disarmed.

The Port engine is the Master Engine so that the starboard ( or additional ) engine(s) will adjust their rpm to equalize it to the port motor.  Everything will then be activated by the left side  lever for ease of operation.

You can download a free copy of both the engine and the controls operating guides to read up on until you take delivery of your new engines.

http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/OperatorsGuidesAttachments/OwnersManuals_EJ/attach/Accessories/76...

http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/OperatorsGuidesAttachments/OwnersManuals_EJ/attach/AFA/216348_EN....

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Captain

I am going from 2009 300 G1 to the 300 G2s.I have a 31 Ocean Master.I saw the write up on the 300 G2s that you installed and ran their 33 ft center comsole .It was getting 2.06 mpg and 3500 rpm and doing 33.5 Mph My 31 is around 1000lb lighter and I am getting 1.5 Mpg at 31 mph.I know props have a lot to do with it.For the test with the new G2 300s they were using the RX4 props.The new engines are very impresive.

Dont get me wrog I love my Evinrudes but have have been through some tough time with OMC during their money problems and putting engines out with know problems and had a few problems with my 300s G1s but I also do know all engine manufactures have problems.

Do you do make and designe all of you own props now?

Admiral

The RX-4 is one of the best props for offshore use on an Evinrude E-TEC G2 outboard motor. It was designed by Evinrude as was the performance propeller, the Raker HO.  

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Captain

I am running a 9000lb boat and goingform 300 G1 to 300G2s I know what my fuel and speed was on my old engines.I will report back when I have the new ones on and have tried a few props.

Has their been any major changes in the G2s since production? 

Admiral

They have been in production for over 2-1/2 years and minor changes have occured over that time.  That is why the model number on the motor is now used to identify an engine instead of the year. It is important when needing parts or technical information.