Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Evinrude Lightwin Identification Help

I was given an Evinrude Lightwin motor when my dad passed away. I wanted to find out more information on it.

It is serial number 3012-15905. It has the Owner's Manual and some spare parts but I think the manual was bougth later.

Does anyone know what year this was manufactured?

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Evinrude Lightwin Identification Help

Your motor is the first 3 HP  model built between 1952 and 1954. That was the start of the famous 3 HP which was produced up to 1968, then upped to a 4 HP model in later years. 

Tune up and some carb parts are still available for that engine. For other parts that may be needed go to www.aomci.org ,  the Antique Outboard Club.

A factory service manual is available through www.outboardbooks.com .

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Thank you BlueWater Bill,

I know it was a gift to my dad from a friend but I didn't know much about it. It was just a artifact he kept in his office. We hadn't had a boat since the 1980's, most fishing time was our yearly pilgrimage to Nothern Ontario.

Not sure what I will do with it from here. It came with the orginal green canvas bag (I think original), carb kit, old stand, owner's manual (maybe a reprint) and a few other items.

Maybe try to find it a good home. Not a boat in my near future here in SW Ohio.

Thanks again,

David

Mate

How can we look ours up?
Admiral

[ Edited ]

@Mikey1489 wrote:
How can we look ours up?

what is the model and serial number?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.