Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Excessive Oil Usage on ETEC G2 300

@WitchingHour wrote:
I also am burning oil at an alarming rate on my Striper 2601. I'm burning 4L per 3-4hrs of straight out running my 2012 Evinrude ETEC 300hp. Seems absolutely crazy to me.

What boat, prop, rpm at WOT, hull to anti-ventilation plate measurement, and top speed?

Be sure to measure the fuel used accurately and start with a full oil tank and run to almost empty. Do the math, there is no specific oil ratio as it depends on the engine, rpm, load, engine temp, throttle positioning, etc.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

Just returned from a 5 day trip down the Carolina Coast on the ICW.

From Kitty Hawk NC to Carolina Beach NC.

513 miles 3 gallons, 22 1/2 hours running time.

228 Seafare G1 225 with 3 guys.

Mostly runnung very little fishing this time.

Highlighted
Admiral

@bigo wrote:

Just returned from a 5 day trip down the Carolina Coast on the ICW.

From Kitty Hawk NC to Carolina Beach NC.

513 miles 3 gallons, 22 1/2 hours running time.

228 Seafare G1 225 with 3 guys.

Mostly runnung very little fishing this time.

How many gallons of fuel did you burn in 22-1/2 hours ?

What is the top rpm of the engine with the load that  you carried?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

[ Edited ]

I will get that information as soon as the new power cable comes in for the Garmin and I find where the gallons used box went !

As everyone here knows sooner or later everything breaks.

But could  not ask for a better time home and in the lift !

Highlighted
Skipper

[ Edited ]

Bill,
197 gallons fuel

3 gallons of  XD100

Top RPM was 5400.

Highlighted
Skipper

I have twin etec 150s on my 23' SeaCraft.  I used 2.5 gallons of XD100 oil and 205 gallons of gasoline.  82:1 ratio.

Highlighted
Skipper

They are Gen 1.