Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Captain

First 3 year service report.

Do I have any reason to be worried? Motor has been performing above expectations. 150 p4.jpg150 p1.jpg150 p2.jpg150 p3.jpg

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: First 3 year service report.

Not bad. It looks like someone cleared the occured engine faults history sometime after hour 119 but the historical faults cannot be erased. It overrevved a bit and the EMM got hotter than normal in the past, but I doubt they are problems as long as they don't happen again.  Some running rpm show 6100 so a slightly larger pitch prop would get it down to an approved operating range.

The oil programming is set to XD-100 which means you must always use Evinrude's synthetic XD-100 oil and no other type or brand. If your dealer sets it to the TC-W3 setting, then you can use any TC-W3 certified engine oil, should you wish.  Running the motor on XD-100 at the TC-W3 setting is the best gift you can give your motor for outstanding protection.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

Thanks Bill. I am the only owner of this motor, so no one has touched it since it was new.I have used XD100 since first start up and have an extra filter/water separator in the boat. I know I could probarbly go with a higher pitch, but I like to run it as is since this gives me very good accelleration and performance with 4-5 people on board. As you can see from the report I do around half of the time below 800rpm. Longer trips is mostly around 3500. I installed a lift and water pressure gauge two years ago and I do believe that the above 6000 rpms is from the early days of this when I sometimes ran the motor a bit too high while trying to find the right setting for different rpm's. Mabe the high EMM temp to? Got more experience now and know where the limits are and keep a steady look at the water pressure gauge. Max speed is 53+ mph. Have seen 55 under ideal conditions. Would be fun to try mabe a 21" Raker though.Running a 19" Viper now. Would probarbly give me somewhat better fuel economy too, althoug this is not a big concern. A very Merry Christmas too You and everyone who reads this.

Highlighted
Admiral

[ Edited ]

You can try a 22" Raker but I think a 20" Viper would be perfect. The rpms would still be near the top for acceleration and load carrying, plus you may even eke out a bit more speed.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, also.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

Thanks again. Seeing the results of tests run on the G2 150, I think that would be a dream come true on my boat. The fuel economy on the new G2 150 is quite impressive and if the torque is anything what they say I could probarbly go to higher pitched props for more top end and even greater mileage without loosing too much on accelleration. Oh, well. Need to convince the wife, that's all.

Highlighted
Admiral

The 10-year factory service coverage promotion going on now should help with the presetation to your other half for a new Evinrude E-TEC G2 150 HP.

That makes the new motor worth so much more if years down the road you trade the boat in for a larger one. The coverage is transferrable to the new owner.