Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎07-23-2019

Fuel and WP Line type

would like to replace the fuel line from the boat mounted Fuel/Vapor seperator to the engine lift pump.


the store here has two types.   3/8  50psi and   3/8  210psi hose


which one...


also what size and type hose  for the water pressure gauge hose that is coming off the block. 



Posts: 807
Registered: ‎08-20-2017

Re: Fuel and WP Line type

3/8" ethanol resistant, preferably marine grade hose. 50 psi is sufficient since the supply line is under zero pressure to the lift pump, then 7 psi from the lift pump to the high pressure pump.
Water pressure gauge is usually plastic tubing, think it is 1/8".
Posts: 8,814
Registered: ‎07-14-2011

Re: Fuel and WP Line type

EPA and Coast Guard marine fuel hose is marked A1-15 (passes 2-1/2 minute flame test) for in-boat applications  and B-1-15 for outside boat to engine applications.

3/8" inner diameter and use 3/8" fittings.



A1-15 Coast Guard approved fuel hose.JPG




"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 



The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.