Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper

Fuel/water separator KIT for E-TEC G2

Good morning,

I would like to know if the new E-TEC G2 300 has a internal fuel-water separator kit or I need to install one on my fuel system.

Thanks

Admiral

Re: Fuel/water separator KIT for E-TEC G2

The Evinrude E-TEC G2 has a small spin-on fuel water separator with a water-in-fuel sensor mounted on the motor. It is still recommended to install a boat mounted filter assembly to protect the motor and to keep from over-whelming the engine-mounted filter.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Hi Bill,

Just jumping in on this.

I am installing G2 225HO, engines with Racor filters on the boat.  However I am not sure on fuel consumption at WOT.  I have been offered 15GPH, 30GPH and 60GPH filters.  Which would be the best?  (I figured 60GPH would give me plenty and some to spare but 30GPH might be tight).

Thanks

Admiral

The 60 gph model is the most common size and has the filter elements that are available almost anywhere.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Hi guys,

I'm new to etec and absolutely love my G2 300HP.

Just a quick question, does the engine management system have sensors to indicate if the fuel filter/water separator needs replacing??

If not, how often does it need replacing?? I don't seem to have and external water seperator

thank for your help

Admiral

With today's ethanol laced fuels, you should have a fuel-water separator filter on your boat to help protect the engine. Your motor has a replaceable small spin on filter that has a water-in-the-fuel sensor that will alert the driver if water accumulates in it.  Other than that, fuel filters should be changed regularly depending on how you use the boat.

See your dealer for installation of a fuel-water separator filter.

Skipper

thanks for your response